Negotiation Skills for Managers
The ability to negotiate and resolve disputes—not only with customers, suppliers and partners but also internally—is a fundamental skill for success in business. Yet it is one that is seldom taught systematically.
In this highly interactive two-day program, you’ll learn an analytic framework to help think more clearly about any negotiation you face, and get feedback to help you become a better negotiator. Through a variety of exercises—starting with simple simulations that become increasingly complex—you will be able to immediately see the effects of different negotiation strategies for different scenarios.
This two-day program will make you and your organization more successful.
What You Will Learn:
You’ll learn ideas and techniques you can apply right away, including:
- Ways for managing negotiations to maximize joint gain
- How to manage disputes and build consensus in ways that make you more valuable to your organization—and help the organization function more effectively
- Identify and recognize tactics used by other negotiators—and what strategies to employ in response
- Understanding how to leverage your strengths and overcome your weaknesses as a negotiator
- Methods for approaching multi-party negotiations and team negotiations
Who Should Attend:
- Senior executives
- Small business owners
- Managers of all levels
- Rising supervisors
Length of Program
Continuing Education Units
Cost includes tuition, instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch (all days).
Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management, Nashville, TN
What Participants Say
Negotiation was excellent! It was great not only from a business perspective but for the ability to negotiate personnel issues!
I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to determine the negotiation types to define a strategy for success and how to set clear objectives for a better overall negotiation outcome.
A good class to learn new strategies & tactics that others may be utilizing to improve their position and a great way to strategically and tactically prepare for important negotiations. This program is a must in today's current business environment.
It was great to learn with others outside my company—gain a perspective across industries from intelligent and creative professionals.