Leading Project Teams for Strategic Results
Leading strategic projects effectively requires a combination of skills: designing and executing strategies, managing relationships and evaluating results. The most successful project managers balance these contrasting capabilities while balancing competing demands within the organization.
This engaging and highly interactive two-day program is designed for experienced project managers who strive to become more effective in conveying vision, coping with complexity and energizing people to achieve important goals.
This two-day program will help you build essential project management skills.
(NOTE: This program has limited seats so please register early. If the program session becomes full, you will be notified if you must be placed on the waitlist.)
What You Will Learn:
You’ll learn ideas and techniques you can apply right away, including:
- How to energize teams and lead projects that deliver results
- Strategies for motivating and communicating effectively with teams and managing conflict
- Understanding how to ask the right questions upfront
- Skills to develop and implement comprehensive project plans, performance outcome measurements and project closing and learning
- Tactics and practices that build and maintain stakeholder support
- Methods for establishing and effectively managing contractual relationships
Who Should Attend:
- Those aspiring to be more effective project leaders.
Length of Program
Continuing Education Units
Cost includes tuition, instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch (all days).
Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management, Nashville, TN
What Participants Say
This program gives a concise review of key elements to make future projects successful and provides valuable instruction that goes beyond PM methodology in leadership and strategy.
[This course] is a MUST DO for project leadership.
The interactive framework of the course really allowed me to learn from my classmates.