VUconnect alumni directory delivers an enhanced alumni directory experience, providing new features and better search capabilities. Benefits include the following:
- One place to search the entire Vanderbilt alumni directory
- A larger pool of networking contacts for career searches
- More robust search criteria to target alumni searches
To register or to access your profile click here.
Owen has an active alumni community globally. From collective activities with University-wide Vanderbilt Chapters, to Owen-specific social gatherings, educational and networking opportunities, and a range of professional-development activities, there are many ways for alumni to engage in the life of the school and the alumni community.
To learn more about any of the above activities or to get involved, contact the Alumni office by email or call 615.322.7409.
- Vanderbilt Club Gatherings (educational, social, family-friendly, networking) – open to the entire Vanderbilt community and these are sponsored by local Vanderbilt club leaders and vary in content from family-friendly outings, to networking or education events, to casual social gatherings. To look for a club in your area, visit the Vanderbilt Alumni Chapters page.
- Regularly scheduled Socials/Happy Hours – can be arranged for a few class years or all alumni in the area
- CityOwen Programs – In partnership with the Alumni office, CityOwen programs are hosted and promoted by CityHosts in key metro areas (click here for a full list of CityOwen groups). These are programmed gatherings that allow for networking opportunities, community connections, key updates from the school either through a lecture or a visit with school leadership. Of the regional activities, these are the most structured programs and involve ‘value adding’ components for the community hosting them. **Of note, a number of densely populated alumni areas call their Owen groups “CityOwen XZY(city name)”. The title of the group however, does not imply that all of that group’s activities are ‘CityOwens’.
- Admissions Activities – Arranged primarily to encourage interaction with prospective students, these gatherings allow Owen’s most powerful testimonials (its alums!) a front row seat with candidates for Owen’s advanced degree programs. Alums can participate in a handful of local admissions events and outreach efforts and provide those considering Owen with great insight into the school and its culture as well as providing an invaluable service for the school in securing some of the best and brightest talents.
- Career Placement Opportunities – While primarily to provide current students the opportunity to network with alumni,, there are also a number of opportunities for peer-to-peer networking at these events, as well as offering Alumni the chance to share their wisdom on navigating the job market.
Continuing Education and Local Connection Opportunities
Whether you have been in the marketplace 10 months or 10 years, Owen offers a number of opportunities to expand your knowledge and sharpen your business tools regardless of your geographic location.
- Alumni Career Services – Hosted primarily in Nashville, these gatherings are targeted toward those seeking new employment, career changes or simply advice on how to advance in their current position. Additionally, for alumni across the country, there are now multiple online resources and connection points for career support through the Career Services center and Vanderbilt’s Career Network.
- Coursera – A free online resource offered by Vanderbilt, Coursera offers a myriad of courses taught both by Owen professors and other top Universities around the world. To learn more about this innovative learning opportunity, visit the
- Executive Development Institute – Designed to meet your specific needs, courses can be abbreviated to enhance individual knowledge, or custom-designed to address complex organizational issues. To learn more about Owen’s EDI programs, click here.
- Owen’s Entrepreneurship Center – The OEC brings together entrepreneurs, business managers, investors, faculty, and Vanderbilt Business School students to share innovative ideas and build productive relationships. To learn more about how to become involved, visit the OEC website.
- Vanderbilt Healthcare Management Alumni Association – With nearly 500 alumni in the healthcare industry, this group is a great way to network, sharpen industry knowledge and connect with others in the field. Join the to learn more about events and activities in Nashville and around the country.
Click here to view photos from previous alumni events.